|Dr. Somenath Jalal
|M. Sc. , Ph. D.|
Vill: Sukjora, Post: Galia,Dist: Bankura , West Bengal-722154
AREA OF RESEARCH
Quantum phase transition, Ising models, Coupled quantum cavity array, Topological states of matter, Bose/Fermi - Hubbard model, Frustrated systems, Quantum spin liquid.
AREA OF INTEREST
- Topological transitions in Ising models, Somenath Jalal, Rishabh Khare, and Siddhartha Lal, [arXiv:1610.09845]
- Edge modes in a frustrated quantum Ising chain, S. Jalal and B. Kumar, Phys. Rev. B 90, 184416 (2014) [arXiv:1407.0201]
- Quantum Ising dynamics and Majorana-like edge modes in the Rabi lattice model, Kumar and S. Jalal, Phys. Rev. A 88, 011802 (R) (2013) [arXiv:1210.6922]
SEMINAR & SYMPOSIA
- Contributory speaker in ”International Webinar on Rendezvous with Quantum Physics” on 12-06-2021 - 13-06-2021, Organized by AKPC Mahavidyalaya, Bengai, Dist: Hooghly.
- 1st Faculty Induction Programme - from 05-02-2021 to 6-03-2021 in The University of Burdwan.
- Workshop - (”Journey towards self-expression for the betterment of our students”) from 27-01-2018 to 02-02-2018 at HWC IQAC
- Resource person in ”Celebration of National Mathematics Day” (22 December, 2018) in Hooghly Women’s College
- Workshop on SCILAB (BU Physics Department) in 17-08-2018 to 18-08-2018
- Five Days workshop on CBCS syllabus of Physics Hons from 30-10-2017 to 03-11-2017 at the University of Burdwan.
- Poster presentation in ”International Seminar on Science: Past, Present and Future” on 12-12-2017 in Syamsundar College, Dist: Burdwan in collaboration with Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata.
REFRESHERS & ORIENTATION COURSES
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- CSIR-(NET-JRF) India (June 2008)
- IISER -Kolkata funded Post-doctoral fellowship Nov, 2014 - Nov, 2016
NO STUDY MATERIALS UPLOADED YET
Mobile No: 7548998481 , Email Id :email@example.com